[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Test Release -1 : A Fedora Live CD

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 1 23:35:02 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>There will now be A livecd based on the Fedora Core 5 Test 3 available
>for download here.
>
>We have to thank the Ambassador JonFautley for hosting it temporarily for me.
>
>#001 =======
>where to Download and Burn
>======================
>
>Im uploading it please wait. It might take hours.
>
>how long it will be available will depend on JonFautley.
>
>#002 ========
>About the Live CD:
>====================
>
>The liveCD is gnome-based only.
>Language & Keyboard settings : french (fr)
>ISO size: 677.2 MB
>License: same as Fedora Core 5 Test 3
>
>why french? because i had already an iso for
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ChitleshGoorah/FedoraLiveCDs
>this is the cd im using in France to promote FC5.
>
>Ill replace the iso during the weekend by an ENGLISH version.
>

>username = root
>password = fedora

Might be better to autologin with username Fedora and both Fedora and
root user names blank. Since this is a Live CD there isnt any security
reasons to worry about. Also send a note to Fedora  announce and others
lists and call this a beta version of the FC5 Live CD. Based on the
feedback, we can polish and release a FC5 version preferrably along with
the other release announcements.  I am copying the mail to Jesse
Keating, release engineer for Fedora to get early access to the ISO
images if possible.

--
Rahul