[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Test Release -1 : A Fedora Live CD

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Mar 2 00:05:38 UTC 2006

> Might be better to autologin with username Fedora and both Fedora and
> root user names blank. Since this is a Live CD there isnt any security
> reasons to worry about. Also send a note to Fedora  announce and others
> lists and call this a beta version of the FC5 Live CD. Based on the
> feedback, we can polish and release a FC5 version preferrably along with
> the other release announcements.  I am copying the mail to Jesse
> Keating, release engineer for Fedora to get early access to the ISO
> images if possible.

Or better yet use the .unconfigured aspect of our initscripts.  Asks
people such things as setting keyboard layout, setting root password,
configuring the network, setting the timezone, doing authconfig stuff,
and setting the services to run.  Some or all of these would be useful
on a liveCD to be handed out in general.  These could be hardcoded on
personally created live CDs for specific purposes.  All of these things
are done in tui mode, before GDM comes up.

Ping me again near FC5 release time for early access, I'll have to
discuss it w/ my team.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora