[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Test Release -1 : A Fedora Live CD

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 2 00:45:00 UTC 2006

> Or better yet use the .unconfigured aspect of our initscripts.
what do you mean by unconfigured aspect?

Asks
> people such things as setting keyboard layout, setting root password,
> configuring the network, setting the timezone, doing authconfig stuff,
> and setting the services to run.  Some or all of these would be useful
> on a liveCD to be handed out in general.

This should be implemented as well.

These could be hardcoded on
> personally created live CDs for specific purposes.  All of these things
> are done in tui mode, before GDM comes up.

For the moment, the builder hardcodes the configuration of his machine
on the livecd. for example if i have a nvidia graphic card and I
create a livecd on my machine, the Xorg of my live cd is likely to
crash on ati based machines. So for the time being it is personalised.
but the live im uploaded uses vesa as default.

> Ping me again near FC5 release time for early access, I'll have to
> discuss it w/ my team.

Sure of course.

http://clunixchit.blogspot.com