[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Ambassadors meeting notes March 2, 2006, 14:00-15:00 UTC

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 7 17:34:42 UTC 2006

Alex Maier wrote:

>1.3
>Mar 18-19, 2006 glugc FLOSS Meet 2006
>owner: KushalDas
>kushal: talked with sankarshan, he will give kushal some handouts & tshirts
>kushal: Still need FC5 cds (at least a live one). That I need most.

Do all the ambassadors get kits after every release? What does the kit
include?

>item 2
>FedoraLibraries
>Owner: ChitleshGoorah
>do we lack for this project
>Owner not present

Start with yourself Chitlesh. Talk to your local library and see what
can be done.

>item 3
>Promotional material for Kadischi
>Time critical. Within 10 days maximum. Will have to be ready for FC5
>Compilation of material like presentations, help and videos would be
>good.
>lxmaier: i was not the one who added this to the list, and i am not
>sure i want to take responsibility for this project. do we ahve anyone
>who would like to coordinate this effort?
>ke4qqq: I'll help... I'll start with pres, and help...... videos after that.
>FrancescoUgolini: i've an ideas of a possible promotional video (30s)
>that talk about how the world is Open from the begging to the simple
>things and this is the reason to choose fedora. it's based on black
>background and white text,
>lxmaier: FrancescoUgolini, ke4qqq, would you mind building a team
>together and covering this whole area, Kadischi, FC5 virtual tour and
>all?
>(09:50:32) ke4qqq: that would be great from my perspective....
>puneet_batura: i will be also developing a video for fedora5....

Pretty much zero intake on this so far. I would like to see people here
volunteer to get this done as a tour in the wiki. Time is running out.

>item 4
>Fedora tour at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tours/FedoraCore5
>Owners: RahulSundaram and anyone interested
>lxmaier: looks like FrancescoUgolini and ke4qqq will be joining in
>mether must have stepped out, no status report

See above.

>item 6
>Presentations for Ambassadors
>Owner: AlexMaier
>various presentations. We should probably aggregate the ones we
>already have and make them available. We should also figure out our
>policy for licensing these presentations!
>lxmaier: i will remove my name from there.  i do not really lead this
>effort, but someone can volunteer to do that.
>gregdek: Proposed policy is OPL, right? I mean, we're basically doing
>this, aren't we?
> tchung: lxmaier, I think mether would be good
>lxmaier: yes, we are all for OPL :)

I will take care of the presentation deal sometime soon.

--
Rahul