[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FC5 Promotion. Time is now!

David Barzilay barzilay at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 01:26:56 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I was expecting some more progress on the Press Release to announce our
FC5 Lanuch Media Plan, but time is running out.

Please check: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5LaunchMediaPlan

. chillout.tar.gz is a 100% opensource-localizeable-web-promo. Feel free
to use it and also to localize it in your own language (GUIDELINES: open
file with inscape; click on the text tool; translate text; then click
file -> export bitmap, making sure "page" is selected in dialog window,
choose resolution, click browse and choose destination, then click
export)

. impress.tar.gz brings a couple of slide templates. 1st and content
pages. Again, feel free to localize it

This page outlines all communications activities involving the launch of
FC5. A big worldwide splash I envisioned some time ago, and was willing
to coordinate with Ambassadors worldwide on a timely manner (I know it's
not perfect but can be improved).

Truth is we are VERY LATE with all these. Someone needs to pick the
highest points from the user perspective of FC5 and write a proper press
release (max 3 pages) in the next two days so we'll have time to
translate it in various languages and send it to the media. Or maybe two
press releases: one for the masses and another one for techies.

Remember! Not everyone has the same knowledge you have. Whats seems easy
for you, can be quite hard and worky for others.

Hope I have helped.

Best,
--
db