[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Linuxtag

Gerold Kassube gerold at lugd.org
Thu Mar 9 14:36:16 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Interesting. If a commercial organization is sponsoring or participating
> in a distribution, its not free anymore?. By that measure doesnt the
> participation of Canonical exclude Ubuntu from that list?. Maybe there
> is a better explanation to this than a conspiracy theory. Thanks for
> providing the context though.
>

> --
> Rahul

Indeed; ...
... but the reason is: Canonical spends a lot of money (I don't know the
amount excatly) for the Linuxtag and the "Ubuntu Love day" and red Hat
(neither also Novell) didn't ...

... and as far as I understand: (free translation of mine) No money not a
safe booth (first we look if there are other with less financial
background than you with the prof. company ...

... and in this case I suggest to be blackmailed (I'm not sure if this is
the right phrase) but should be: If you don't do it like I want it, you
get nothing from me ....

Regards

Gerold