[Fedora-ambassadors-list] irc support for upcoming fc5 release

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 9 15:10:52 UTC 2006

Rudolf Kastl wrote:

>Hello List!
>
>As the new fc5 release will come out next week i am pretty sure that
>irc support questions will reach its peaks on the releaseday to the
>end of the upcoming weekend, so i decided to take the next week off
>work and will be (as earlier when i was less involved) available for
>support on irc with a guess rate of around 12 hours/day until the end
>of the weekend after the upcoming fc5 release to support and
>channelize bug reports with proper debug infos towards bugzilla.
>
>In my eyes "presence" and "help" is a very good marketing factor when
>it comes especially to new but generally computer experienced end
>users. Mouth to mouth propaganda is the most effective advertizing you
>can get in my eyes. Hence why i report this to this list at all.

Awesome.

>>From my personal experience most users that survive the first few
>weeks will stay atleast for a while with what they get since we all
>know fedora is a really sweet desktop product.
>
>I know there are various people offering good help on the irc support
>channel but i ask myself if it would help to "organize" that more.
>Like with a "voluntarys schedule".
>
>Whats your opinion about that?

Pretty good idea. If you can use the wiki to describe in detail common
issues in a single page and use it to field questions, then it would
come in quite handy. Might work with the Fedora Unity project people to
sort out issues that we dont handle and then summarize the feedback that
we get from users and media, both positive and negative ones to this
list so that we know where we rock and what issues we need to fix sorely.

Thanks for helping out Fedora users.

--
Rahul