[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Vrtual Meet- A thought!

puneet batura puneet_batura at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 10 13:22:57 UTC 2006

Hi Rahul,

 i really appreciate u r feedback and yes my concern is to make the lugs
aware of these virtual meets so that they can have a spontaneous
interaction  like the one we ambassadors follow.
#fedora-india will be a great platform to have virtual meets. Currently i am
propogating these messages(about virtual meet) to the lugs world wide via
mailing-lists and  will be  proceeding as per their response to this
initiative of ours.

And yes it definately sounds good :)

On 3/10/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> puneet batura wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I just wanted to have u r valuable feedback on a thought regarding:
> >Since we all are associated with Linux Users Group in one way or the
> other
> >hence we can have local LUGS meeting scheduled on the IRCs ( thats what i
> >have named as virtual meet!) and can invite other countries fedora
> >ambassadors to those virtual meets to spread Fedora there like a guest
> >speaker. So everytime there's a new fedora ambassador(key attraction)
> >joining in to give his/her valuable views . I think that will make LUGS
> more
> >functional and we can reach more and more people with the word FEDORA at
> >large..
> >
> >Waiting for your valuable feedbacks.....
> >--
> >

> How many LUG's do you know that has any regular IRC meetings or IRC
> more dominant compared to the usually idle small talk in the IRC
> channels that do exist. It's worth trying though and we can ask the
> Fedora people to have a IRC session with FAQ similar to the ones that we
> had already earlier
> (http://umeet.uninet.edu/umeet2005/talks/?lang=en&s=fedora).
> Alternatively if the talk is for India LUG members, they can login into
> #fedora-India.
>
> If you are part a LUG that would be interested in this, we can discuss
> the timings and we can have a virtual meet in #fedora-India or any LUG
> IRC channel of your choice. I  (along with possibly other Fedora
> contributors) can talk about Fedora in general or Fedora Core 5 followed
> by a Q&A session.  Does that sound good?
>
> --
> Rahul

Puneet Batura
Open Source Developer