[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Steering committee meeting last night.

Michael J Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Tue Mar 14 05:00:37 UTC 2006

Clair said:
> As a side note:
> (19:21:20) rjune [n=rjune at oh-67-76-200-198.sta.sprint-hsd.net] entered the
> room.
> (19:21:34) lxmaier: rjune: who are you?
> (19:22:23) lxmaier: rjune: this is a members-only meeting, please leave
> (19:22:42) rjune left the room (Kicked by lxmaier (lxmaier)).
>
> I was taken aback when reading this - it shocks and saddens me. rjune is
> an
> important member of the fedora community. Several things spring to mind
> here:
> 1) By asking "Who are you", it has become clear that Alex does not know,
> or
> care about, anyone who is not an ambassador. She should seriously consider
> getting to know strong community members like rjune, whether ambassador or
> not.
> 2) Fedora is open source. We are open. Why should someone be stopped from
> spectating (or even taking part?) in a meeting, whether it's committee or
> not, whether they're members or not?
> 3) /kick is a tool that should be used lightly. Not only does keeping +o
> go
> against freenode guidelines, using said op tools is not recommended unless
> it
> is really necessary, since it raises the channel temperature.

WOW! I can't believe that.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Conduct

After reading the very first paragraph of the above link, makes me wonder
:-/ I certainly don't want actions like the above tarnish myself or Fedora
as a whole.

I know the Fedora Extra meetings are completely open, I often sit in on
them with a keen interest. I see no need to kick people period.

Michael