[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Steering committee meeting last night.

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Mar 14 05:49:41 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 March 2006 23:16, "Michael J Knox" <michael at knox.net.nz> wrote:
> Regardsless of contribution, the reaction is over the top.
>
> *IF* it was so important to have only ambassodors present and not others,
> then someone with a small clue on IRC channel opterations, could have made
> the channel invite only. Or, moderated the channel and only given voice to
> those who were there to take part in the meeting.
>
> Again.. Regardless of contribution, the kick was not needed.

Yes, the kick was most likely more than was needed.  This channel was thrown
together in a hurry.  It was not official, not registered with services, and
not set up with the intent of existing after the meeting concluded.  That is
why it was not set up as invite-only or moderated.  This is something that
will be done differently for any future meetings.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/