[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Steering committee meeting last night.

Clair fedora at freehold.no-ip.info
Tue Mar 14 11:28:40 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 11:20, Jon Fautley wrote:
> But it could be an acceptable excuse if you don't know how IRC works...

Should we then be making people who don't know anything about irc project
leaders, and allow them to chair the meetings? I think that Alex asking for
+o the minute she joined the channel was only asking for trouble. I've seen
it all too often.

> Should the person have been kicked? I don't think so...
>
> Do we all have better things to be doing than discussing this? I think
> so...
>
> It's happened - there's been enough discussion on this issue to ensure
> it doesn't happen again.
>
> Lets move on, eh?

I think that the openness, and the reaction when someone entered the channel,
is a very important issue, and should be discussed. The steering committee
aren't the ambassadors - they're a small group of the ambassadors who keep
things running smoothly. Something like this is only creating a two-tiered
project. The upper class committee, and the lower class ambassadors.

Clair