[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FC5 media schwag

Clair fedora at freehold.no-ip.info
Fri Mar 17 13:10:49 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 March 2006 08:41, Thomas Canniot wrote:
> Last week and this week during the meetings we discussed about the media
> on which FC5 will be distributed.
> The Free Software Fundation is on our back, they want us to give the
> sources of the software FC packages. Let's give them what they want for
> FC5 !
>
> Some of us think that a double layered DVD is more appropriate. Some of
> us think that adouble sided is more approrpiate. What about labelling?
>
> Let's debate now!

Do we *have* to give away the sources? Doing this will only increase the cost
of producing the DVD (sometimes doubling the cost, at least), so that means
there's less DVDs to go around. How many people will actually need the
source?

Can't you produce two seperate DVDs? One with the install, the other with the
source? (That way, you're not giving the source to people who don't want it)

Clair