[Fedora-ambassadors-list] video contest prizes

Tejas Dinkar tejasdinkar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 03:14:53 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 09:47 -0500, Alex Maier wrote:
> We have 5K USD total. It all depends on how much support we can get
> from Creatie Commons... If they decide to help us out a lot, we could
> spend all this money on the prizes.

5000$??? That is A HUGE!!! amounnt of money.

May I ask why we are sponsoring this, rather than using to produce more
than just 10000 DVDs?

As it is, 3000 DVDs will be gone at FUDCon Boston.

that leaves 7000 DVDs for the whole year.

IMO, cut the prize money in half, spend on DVDs.

IF we get sponsorship from CC, use THEIR money for the prizes. We need
the DVDs more than the video

Gja