[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FLISOL 2006 - DF, Brazil

Rodrigo Menezes rodrigomenezes12 at yahoo.com.br
Sun Mar 26 14:02:05 UTC 2006

What about the DVDs and T-shirts for FISL? Alex?

Can you provide us with these until April 19?

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo Menezes

Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh at fedoraproject.org> escreveu: On 3/23/06, Rodrigo Menezes  wrote:

>  SERPRO (Government's Company) will distribute 80 of their FC4 LiveCDs (see  LiveCDs)
>
>  HugoCisneiros will distribute 50 of Kadischi created FC5 LiveCDs
>
>  HugoCisneiros will distribute 30 copies of his Linux guide, TLM ( http://www.devin.com.br/eitch/tlm

Hello Hugo,

I don't want to be some negative but I feel I have to say these:

Considering,
- FC4 is nearly on its way to legacy in the next few months
- and FC5 release early this week,
- Fedora's policy is to provide Latest Open Source software.
I myself won't spread FC4 Livecds.

thanks for your interest in Kadischi.

nevertheless you can't say FC5 LiveCDs built with Kadischi
see my draft : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ChitleshGoorah/legal

in brief:
Kadischi is still underdevelopment and the down side of kadischi is
its hardware detection.
These Live cds can work on some computers and It might not on others.
If this is the case, It might give a wrong image of Fedora Core 5.

I would suggest that you subscribe to the Fedora-Livecd list for more
assistance.

Do you have some scripts that can smooth the rough edges of the livecd ?

Nevertheless, for your event you can talk about The Kadischi Project :)

Cheers
Chitlesh Goorah
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com