[Ambassadors] taggin non active ambassadors on the wiki

Sam Folk-Williams samfw at redhat.com
Sun Nov 5 13:04:00 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 07:33 -0500, Jeffrey Tadlock wrote:
> Tejas Dinkar wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 18:46 -0400, "Guillermo Gómez S." wrote:
> >> It hurts the project that some of the ambassadors publish their email
> >> address but do not respond to queries at all.
> >> My original proposal is to tag them somehow so the general public dont
> >> loose their time trying to contact them.
> >
> > Just how do you plan on doing that?

I would suggest adding a column on the Ambassador list to the effect of
"Is it OK to contact this ambassador directly?" Where people can
indicate if they have the time to respond to personal emails. I find
that some people who want to contact an ambassador email the marketing
list, which is probably the best way because then everyone can respond.

We could also ask ambassadors (again, adding a column to the list) to
give a one or two sentence description of the capacity in which they
consider themselves an ambassador. Just like Casey did in his email to
the list. This could better set expectations of people who are looking
to contact an ambassador.

Sam