[Ambassadors] QA Quality Assurance

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Fri Nov 10 00:48:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 16:45 -0800, Thomas Chung wrote:
> On 11/9/06, Marc Wiriadisastra <marc at mwiriadi.id.au> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > How do all of you verify that your DVD's are not corrupt and or
> > verified.  I've verified my iso which is fine but with a new pack of
> > dvd's I've had two people email me back with issues related to the
> > dvd's.
> >
> > One person said that when he boots the cd it says the kernel is corrupt.
> >
> > The other person said that it failed the media check.
> >
> > I've got no issues sending new ones back to them to make sure their
> > fedora experience is great. I just don't want to have this issue
> > re-occur and I would like to QA the dvd's prior to them receiving them.
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> > Marc
>
> In most cases they are due to bad burn but it's possible they might be
> damaged during shipping. ISO images are ok since you can verify them
> with sha1sum.
> See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/Download
>
> In some case, I was able to install successfully regardless media
> check fail. Go figure. :)

Same as me however is there a way to reduce the number of mistakes
regarding the dvd?

I've checked the iso its fine.  I checked with the end user thats fine
as in there is no scratches on the dvd.  The only thing it can be is a
faulty dvd.  Is there any way to check it apart from booting it up on my
computer?

Regards,

Marc