[Ambassadors] Opening up French ambassadors list archive and sharing infrastructure

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 2 17:47:19 UTC 2006

Hi

Is there a reason why the French ambassadors list archives at
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-fr-list is only available
to list members

We have very few lists that do not have public archives and they remain
accessible only to list members for specific reasons. In general, the
policy in the mailing lists is to keep the archives open and lists such
as Fedora maintainers and Fedora Advisory Board offer read only lists
for other people to subscribe and watch the discussions.

Can we consider opening up the list archives to the public for the
Fedora ambassadors list?

Also I see that a migration to other CMS systems is being considered
(http://www.llaumgui.com/post/Reflexion-sur-Fedora-France-Xoops-et-lhebergement)
for Fedora France website. It would be quite useful if other websites
use a similar infrastructure to http://fedoraproject.org which uses
moimmoin for the wiki and Plone is being staged for the CMS.

Having similar infrastructure would help in sharing content and sysadmin
work among other reasons.

Rahul