[Ambassadors] Opening up French ambassadors list archive and sharing infrastructure

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 2 19:27:32 UTC 2006

Damien Durand wrote:
> I will speak with William about the open archives at our next meeting.
> About php, it's really a problem if we want to move fedora-fr to the red
> hat servers, so a plone/moinmoin/planetplanet will be the best solution.

Hold on a minute.  fedoraproject.org isnt hosted on Red Hat servers
either. It is hosted in Duke university servers.  I have no problem with
  fedora-fr using their own infrastructure to host anything they want
including PHP on their systems. All I want is for you guys to consider
using similar software on both these servers so that we could learn from
each other experiences, share system administration work or move content
between these websites more easily.

> About the planet, what do you think about a french part on
> http://planet.fedoraproject.org like http://planet.gnome.org/soc2006/ or
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/wsop/
> <http://www.gnome.org/projects/wsop/> ? I

Not sure what you mean here. If you mean a separate language specific
feed in planet.fedoraproject.org I believe Seth Vidal was already
talking about that. You will have to contact the infrastructure team to
implement those changes.

Rahul