[Ambassadors] Fwd: LiveCD & Media Distribution

Santosh Kumar santosh at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 8 00:42:33 UTC 2006

Hi fellow ambassadors,
  LiveCD is a wonderful idea... a LiveCD is the only thing in Ubuntu
that impressed me apart from their Media Distribution.....
  What do you guys think about a company sponsoring the complete Media
Requests for fedora like Canonical does for Ubuntu?? wouldnt it be a
good move?? It is not always quite effective when we just ship out
around 150-200 Media a month when our competitors ship more than a
1000.... and i am sceptical about the effectiveness of the ambassadors
distributing the Free Media in Fedora, as this manpower could be used
in a better way..... and not everyone would like to shell out to
distribute the FreeMedia DVD's, so this always falls on to a single
person to take up the costs of the Media....
Dont you think we need to rethink our strategy??

Regards
--
Santosh Kumar
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/SantoshKumar

--
C.Santosh Kumar

                            **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Every reasonable precaution
to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may
sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out
your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Author
reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages
sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the e-mail system permanently.