[Ambassadors] Raleigh, we have a problem ...

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Sep 22 08:17:53 UTC 2006

Le Ven 22 septembre 2006 02:31, Joshua Wulf a écrit :
> Thanks for the observations Dimitrios.

>> a: The boot process is half-text half-graphics. GRUB loads and has a
>> half-assed low quality graphic and when you select your operating system
>> is prints some text about the boot loader (completely nonsense to
>> non-technical users).

IMHO the bigest sin of GRUB is to colorize the whole screen, instead of
recognizing like windows XP that vga graphics is not that great nowadays
and white on black text with a small deroured colour logo is more
professional nowadays

>> b: Moving on, they see a bunch of text (kernel and the INIT process)
>> before going to graphical boot. Again they see it as incomplete software
>> or that something is going wrong.
>>
> That's because they're not technical enthusiasts.

That's because we've just inflicted them a complete colour page, and broke
the black-and-white bios text stuff continuity (also the green/red OK do
not help).

Nicolas Mailhot