[Ambassadors] Strasbourg: 3 events in a row and Install Parties

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 22 15:56:19 UTC 2006

Hello there,

Just to keep you guys in formed of what is happening here in Alsace!

http://strasbourg.linuxfr.org/actu (choose october)

In october:

- 6 to 8 Salon des Associations

This is an annual event in Strasbourg where all non profit legal
entities in Strasbourg comes and advertise their own entity in front
of the public (15000 people expected). This is not a Fedora specific
event but I'll be present during this event with lug members at the
same booth. Like any other lug members, we will be advertising the LUG
(prime objective) and what LUG members are working on (e.g. me for
fedora project)

Burned Fedora ISOs will be distributed for free at the booth, if asked.

- 13 to 15 : Science Day

This is not a Fedora Specific event but I'll be present during this
event with lug members at the same booth. We (lug members) will be
talking about educational linux software.

I'd proposed to simulate a RC Circuit and it has be approuved by LUG members:

My OOo document for participants at the booth in french:
http:/chitlesh.funpic.de/fdls/fdls.odp
http:/chitlesh.funpic.de/fdls/xcircuit.tar.bz2

In english:
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2006/09/fedora-example-xcircuit-and-ngspice.html

The tools which I tend to use are xcircuit, gresistor and ngspice.

I've worked and packaged these scientific software in FE for this
event. Thanks to my reviewer Mamuro, who did fairly a great job:)

There are lots of similar scientific software and lots of methods to
create/simulate a RC circuit. But since my LUG members are not all in
the electronic field and our public varies between 4 to 18 years old
with the teachers, I chose something rather simple.

My lug members agreed to support me on this RC simulation and others
will be demonstrating :

gcompris
genchemlad
kgeographic
kalzium

all already in FE.

Burned Fedora ISOs will be distributed for free at the booth, if asked.

- 28 October - Open Source Day. - (La rentrée du libre)

http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/rdl2006/accueil

Finally the most attended event which was postponed thrice this year
will be held on only one day instead of 3 consecutive days. (due to
lack of sponsors).

Yes, fedora will have a .org booth and with some fedora posters of
LinuxTag2006 (given by Gerold and Floriant). We are expecting 1200
people that day. I've just ordered 150 DVDs an 30 tshirts. If needed,
Ill burn ISOs at the booth for free. Till now, I'm alone at the booth,
if any german ambassadors want to join me, they are welcomed. However
I know other french ambassadors and DamienDurand will be busy with
their own event that day. Sorry guys I can't be at both places at the
same time

Install Parties in Strasbourg,
Back from holidays, the LUG members of Strasbourg are continuing their
monthly install parties :) This month it will be this Wednesday 27
October as from 18h00 local time.

http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/install-party/mensuelles

ISOs will be burned at the cost of a virgin CD/DVD as decided by our LUG.

That's it for now,
If you are crossing Strasbourg during October, do ping me :)

Chitlesh Goorah
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com