[Ambassadors] FAD2007 meeting minutes - Eventbox

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 3 11:17:31 UTC 2007

Am Montag, 3. Dezember 2007 02:45:55 schrieb Jeffrey Tadlock:
> I actually see the Event Box as being useful for large and small
> events.  The bulk of the box would be items needed to have the very
> basics for booth setup.  A banner, possibly some posters to enhance
> the booth presence, at least one PC to demonstrate Fedora on, etc.
> Even at large events these should be useful items and hopefully reduce
> the amount of time one needs to prep a booth.  For larger events the
> box could certainly be supplemented by materials other Ambassadors in
> the area have.

I think i can speak for the german speaking Countries Swiss, Austria, Germany
and here we cover the needs very good.
You must reconsider, in Europe nearly every country had his own power plugs -
keyboards - languages ...
We will produce generic Fedora Posters printed on rubberfoil (is this the
right word?) for longer lifecycles for Europe - i will contact Artwork after
my vacations with this.
Primary for me the EventBox should be a mindset of average with events, who
has Material that i can need or can produce it for me and how i have events
with good effects.  For example mostly we in Europe have established blue
Poloshirts on booth´s (http://jsimon.fedorapeople.org/lt07) so we have now a
identity with it!

> I agree - the money to get it started is a small stumbling block.  I
> would expect shipping to be reasonable - if we are able to have an
> event box for each major region.  That will hopefully help keep
> shipping distances down.

In Europe shipping such a box accross borders cost 72 €!

> I didn't really see the box as being a way to ship flyers, T-shirts,
> and DVDs in bulk.  These would still be locally produced, as adding
> all of that to the box increases it's volume and weight - all of which
> will increase the shipping costs.

+1

> I see it more regional and probably larger regions at that.  I think
> the trick is to find the number of event boxes that are affordable to
> create initially while balancing the impact of shipping costs.

not for Europe see above - but yes - for the very large spanish speaking areas
maybe ideal?

> Regarding expendable items, yes I included them in the list.  A lot of
> these are covered in Fabian's personal event box, which is great!  We
> do something similar here, one of our guys brings all of the misc.
> items to our events and we are pretty much prepared for anything.  At
> the last event we were pretty well prepared and loaned materials to
> the booth to our left and right.  I do think the items have a place in
> the larger event box though - it just makes things easier.

+1 - one personal event Box per event should cover the most needs of
expendable items

Thanks again for your Feedback

CU Joerg
--
Jörg Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688