[Ambassadors] FAMSCo Election 2007 Voting Dates

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 11:03:45 UTC 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 1:12 AM, red_alert <red_alert at the-psychiatry.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> +1 Option #2

I also vote for Option #2

> Like Gerold, I vote for re-opening the nomination period until 2 days
> before the election starts. I think it would be a good thing to get 1-2
> nominees more and I doubt that one of the current nominees would vote
> against it.
>
> And Gerold is right, anyway. The rules[1] say:
> "Candidates must self-nominate at least two days before the voting
> period opens by writing their information onto the wiki (Fedora account,
> email and irc nick, statement of past contributions and what they hope
> to accomplish while a member of FAmSCo.)"
>
> [1]
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Election/Rules

Accordng to the rules:

"Nomination period will open immediately upon the Chair's announcement
of the elections, and will continue for two weeks. Two days (48 hours)
after the completion of the nomination period, the voting period will
open and continue for one week."

This rule presupposes that voting can take place immediately after the
nomination period, which is not possible with the current voting
infrastructure being single-threaded.

Since we are making an exception to this rule on the time of voting,
perhaps this is a time to make an exception on the self-nomination
period as well.

Best Regards,

John Babich
Fedora Ambassador