[Ambassadors] Summary 2007 - View of an ambassador from a very small country

Andreas Rau rau_a at web.de
Tue Dec 25 22:54:49 UTC 2007

Hi Fabian and Hi to all,

thanks for the summary, Fabian -

due to illness and my new job at the university of Basel I was a little
inactive - Sorry for that and thank you for the great work on the
project.

For all who don't know me in person a small introduction.

My Name is Andreas Rau and I am living at Karlsruhe (Germany) and work
at Basel (Switzerland). I startet my work with Fedora as an Ambassador
since about 2006. The past events I have been for Fedora are FAD EMEA
2006, FAD LinuxTag 2007, LinuxTag 2007, FUDCon LinuxTag 2007 and FAD
EMEA 2007.

In the meantime I worked as System/Networkadministrator for an bigger
erp software company. So I can say I know the difference between the
different Distris in private and in business. At the moment I work
mainly on Cisco doing networking at the University Basel. I hope I am a
nice, peaceful and folksy (hope this fits) person. I esteem teamwork and
know that big targets can only reached by acting in concert.

I think this is enought - acctually I only wanted to wish a nice
christmas event and a happy new year to ALL of you

.. but I haven't send an introduction until now - sorry for being late
now you know - I am existing in person ;)

Greetz/kind regards/el saludo
Andreas Rau

Ambassador (Germany)

Skype: MacWarth