[Ambassadors] Re: [JDLL 2007] Conclusion

Maxime Carron mxcarron at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 21 00:46:14 UTC 2007

Le Sat, 20 Oct 2007 20:43:11 +0200,
"H. Guémar" <karlthered2 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Oops, I forgot to thank the Lyon's LUG who organize yearly JDLL (Free
> Software Days) and gave us a stand: ALDIL. (http://www.aldil.org/)
> Thank you guys, keep up with your good work !

Thanks to every poeple involded in the event, especially
HaikelGuemar (aka Red_karl) GuillaumeKulakowski (went from Montpellier
aka LLaumgi), and BenoitMarcelin (aka Sereinity).

We were 4 ambassadors. It's always hard to organise such event.
A big thanks to ALDIL (Lyon -my town- LUG too).

Hope to see more of us next time.

It's was a big pleasure to meet the new Debian Project Leader - Yes, he
is French - but he's a really good guy. As the main developer of vlc he
present us issues about DRM. I enjoy to speak with him, and heard about
his projects, and his view of freesoftware future.
Tristan Nitot, Mozilla Europe was here. OOo, Ubuntu-fr, OpenSolaris,
GnomeFr(I love you VUntz), Traduc.org (The team who federate french
translation, offer translation standards, and en2fr dictionaries) was
here too.

Really, this was a great event, a really good atmosphere, and it's
always the way to meet friends and well virtual known people.

Next year, JDLL (Free SoftWare Days) celebretes the 10th organised
event. Lyon is the 2nd town in France, and JDLL is one of the most
important event of free software community, so we hope to see more
Fedora VIP there.
We know that France is a really far country, but sometimes -even if we
doesn't speak the same language- it is sensible to see that Fedora
isn't only an english speaking community.

Lot's of pictures will be published, and i'll blog in english tomorow
(it's too late today, i need to sleep).

Thanks to you who give us faith in free software, thanks to ALDIL and
all fedora people who spend time to organise such event.

Maxime