R: R: R: [Ambassadors] The weekly ambassador meetings

Matthias Kranz matthiaskranz at gmx.de
Wed Oct 31 12:20:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 11:30 +0100, Gerold wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 13:27 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> > > I don't think we'll ever have the budget to do that.  It's a
> > > disadvantage for us, yes, but one we have to live with.
> >
> > Hmm. Greg, in our Red Hat Cool Stuff Store in EMEA we offer the Fedora 7
> > DVDs for *external* customers for only 0,90€ which is roughly 1,25US$. I
> > may tell you that it is far cheaper for internal people. So, basically,
> > if we really wanted to, I am pretty sure that we could organize
> > something ... even without corporate funding.
> ^^
> It's a topic on the FAD EMEA November 2007, owned by Joerg Simon who will
> show and tell what we'll do in EMEA ...
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD/FADEMEA2007

Hmm. Cannot see it there? I only see that you want to talk about a
WebShop. This is not what Greg and I were talking about. It was about
whether to provide a real free media program or not. And I used the Red
Hat EMEA Cool Stuff Store offering as an example for how cheap it could
be to produce and offer the DVDs.

Such a program could be funded by Red Hat (according to Greg this is not
probable) or just by other willing parties.

Matthias
--
Matthias Kranz
http://mkr.oerks.de