[Ambassadors] Live USB @ LinuxTag

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 16:46:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Personally I think this is a fantastic effort.  And it's something
> that Max and I have both been after -- the ability for someone to walk
> up to the boot and walk away with a working Fedora.

Well, here's what we will do at LinuxTag:

We'll have a computer in our booth that has several Fedora 9 ISOs on it.

We'll have a nice sign printed -- who wants to volunteer to make one --
that advertises "Live USB key station" or something like that.

People walk up with their USB key, and in 3 minutes we turn it into a
Fedora 9 Live USB.  If it's a 1 GB key, they just get the ISO.  If it's
a 2 GB key or larger, they get persistence too.

It's as simple as that.

--Max