[Ambassadors] North America: Round two of Fedora Ambassador polo orders

Pascal Calarco pcalarco at nd.edu
Wed Aug 20 21:12:50 UTC 2008

David Nalley wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Pascal Calarco <pcalarco at nd.edu> wrote:
>
>> Just a quick idea -
>> Since the price of shipping is almost the price of the shirt AND
>> Since we are going to have a NA FAD at OLF around the same time (early
>> Oct) what if we defer delivery and pick them up at OLF?
>> Of course I am assuming that the group doing the shirts is local to
>> you - which may not be the case.
>> Thoughts?

This sounds like a good idea, depending on how many Ambassadors make it
to Ohio Linux Fest (I will, and a few others are as well, but we already
have shirts).  The vendor doing the shirts is in Bowling Green (northern
Ohio), whereas OLF is in Columbus (central Ohio), so we'd still need to
bulk ship them to OLF and distribute them there, and then individually
ship them to Ambassadors who aren't coming to OLF.

Another idea might be to get some funding from FAMSCO to front money for
a bulk order and then there would be some on-hand inventory for
Ambassadors to purchase them and reimburse FAMSCO.  I don't know to what
extent this would make things less complex, but it would reduce costs a
bit and make the polos more immediately available.

  - pascal