[Ambassadors] Policy RFC: Dealing with Media (and no I don't mean CD/DVDs)

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Wed Aug 27 02:58:01 UTC 2008

Larry Cafiero has put a draft of dealing with the media up on the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Draft/NewsMedia_HowTo

That brought up the point of what's the policy for our dealing with the press.
Quaid pointed out that @redhat types have some limits due to SEC and
similar regulations regarding making press statements that may alter
stock price.

However there doesn't appear to  be a polcy for @fp.o types.

Quaid submitted the following: "You do the right thing and publicize
you see fit; represent the project well; on Big Things , coordinate
with Marketing."

I believe that is a good basis for beginning a policy. Please discuss,
comment, flame, argue, and lets get something ready to present to the
Fedora Board so they put their blessing on it.