[Ambassadors] Re: Approaching for a Fedora migration

Kevin Verma kevinverma at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 27 19:28:02 UTC 2008

2008/8/27 Pablo Barrera <pablo at proyectofedora.org>:
> Hi
>
> Media shipping is only an interim problem, for future community should
> look ahead to lobby with public/private network service providers.
>
> Only if u live in a country that population has full broadband access..is a
> point of view
> that didnt look to undeveloped places....

No I don't live in a developed country, I had even downloaded first
few Fedora releases on GPRS connections. Only got DSL recently when I
had to move to a big city for my job.

> Digital Break is not an interim problem for undeveloped countries. Easy way
> to not reconized
> that sometimes the "competitor" is better than us., mature of a community is
> learn the best things
> from other projects too, and shipping cds is a big "interim" feature.
Personally, if I can get contributors from business schools world wide
to come up with a unique model to supply community media I will sure
count that as big feature, that could even compete network optimized
software delivery, and I'll be glad to see competitors adopt that
human network break through as well.

> Anyway, for an Enterprise than Red Hat that cost 15.000.000 in NYSE, could
> not be a problem
> became equal than shuttleworth to promote fedora in free ship CDs....
> see the world with the same eyes all the time, dont put us forward to
> people, the main reason for Free Software.
> really sad about this opinions....really dissapointed indeed....
> probably was a mistake return to the project....

I speak for me and community that I enjoy and I did not mention Red
Hat or Shuttleworth. Anyways I owe you lot here, it strikes me that
even Ubuntu community should be equally interested to work with
Fedora's to come up with network optimized media delivery :-)

I hope that will be kept in mind if community takes any further
interest in such future features.

Cheers,
Kevin