[Ambassadors] Fedora EMEA e.v. (was Re: What Fedora makes sucking ...)

Robert M. Albrecht fedora at romal.de
Fri Dec 12 21:59:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

maybe I'm a silly Fedora fanboy :-) But I like Fedora.

I don't use it for daily work, most time I spend on my Apple.

But I really like toying around with the newest technology and toys. And I
think that is exactly Fedoras purpose. If it crashes or an update kills
yum, so what ?

Let`s be honest: Fedora releases are really only installable
Rawhide-snapshots. And Rawhide is supposed to eat your babys. If someone
needs a stable system he should use CentOS or RHEL or Ubuntu.

But to Robert: yes, Fedora did loose a lot of users (at least in my
surroundings) as the last Fedora releases really had a lot of problems,
even for bleeding edge users. That really is bad :-(

Today I returned from the third Secure Linux Administration Conference, and
there was only one Fedora user. Even my laptop did run on Ubuntu, as the
appliction I was giving a lecture on is written in Java and does not even
start on F10. But tomorrow I will reinstall Fedora, as Ubuntu is boring :-)

And the Fedora marketing is great. Did you see this:

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=fedora+plymouth

If you search for Fedora and Plymouth, the first hit is a Ubuntu-Brainstorm
link "We want Plymouth!".

Isn't that great? 10 years ago only Microsoft could sell unfinished
software to customers :-)

cu romal