[Ambassadors] Philadelphia FC10 Release Party Success!

Papadeas Pierros ppapadeas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 09:48:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 22:13 -0500, Brian Powell wrote:
> 2008/12/17 Kam Salisbury <kam at kamsalisbury.com>:
> > A great Linux Meetup happened tonight (
> > http://linux.meetup.com/432/calendar/9014167/ )
> >
> > For the Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA Fedora Core 10 release party, 13
> > people met tonight at 7pm EST in the Day & Zimmerman building. A fifteen
> > minute overview of the Fedora Core 10 release began over an hour of
> > questions and answers session about the new FC10 release as well a Fedora in
> > general.
> >
> > Fedora Core 10 Live CDs were free for the taking with approximately 8 CDs
> > being taken for use elsewhere. A few people had their laptop in hand and
> > tried Fedora right on the spot tonight! A few other people had brought USB
> > flash drives so that they could try the non-destructive and persistent
> > installs of Fedora. There was even interest for the "Sugar" spin of Fedora!
> >
> > The meeting room, overhead projection as well as all pizza and beverages
> > were provided by Yoh. (So, absolutely no cost to the Fedora Project for this
> > release party! I gladly donated the Live CDs)
> >
> > Thank you everyone for your advice and mentoring these past few months. I
> > felt very comfortable speaking about Fedora with this group because of the
> > support from all of you on the Ambassador's list.
> >
> > --
> > Kam Salisbury
> > http://kamsalisbury.com
> > GPG key: FAF1751E
> >
> > --
> >

> Kam,
>
> Great to hear the success from your event! Excellent report as well.
>
> Keep up the great work!

Indeed well done for the great job! Just a little reminder:
Across internet there are many users that continue to refer to Fedora OS
as "Fedora Core"
This matter is resolved from Fedora 7 [1] and it's a same to feedback
the naming FC to the internet users. I hope this little thing  to be
corrected for the next Fedora Release Event.

Keep "fedoring"!

~π

Pierros Papadeas
PGP key: 0x6130DBF8