[Ambassadors] Linux Distribution Chooser

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:52:12 UTC 2008

I got Fedora, OpenSuSE, and Mandriva.

I think the questions need to be tweaked a bit on that test, it seems like
it tends to lump the distros together into "camps"
and a few questions would seem to put you into one camp or another.  I.E.
the RPM camp (Fedora, SuSE, Mandriva), the DEB camp (Ubuntu, Debian,
Xandros, etc),
and the TAR/Source camp (Gentoo, Slackware, LFS, etc).

I have used RedHat since RH6.0 days, and all the Fedora versions.  I also
use Debian and Ubuntu.  I have tinkered with SuSE and Mandrake/Mandriva,
Gentoo, Slack, etc.  But my main distros are Fedora and Ubuntu.  This test
doesn't seem to allow for "mixed camp" like that.