[Ambassadors] idea for *every* event

Gerold Kassube gerold at lugd.org
Sun Feb 17 19:08:26 UTC 2008

Hi there,

for e.g. Linuxtag (end of May this year) ...

Am Sonntag, den 17.02.2008, 13:25 -0500 schrieb Max Spevack:
> Here is a proposal for two activities that we should have at every
> event.  In particular, I'd like to see us do it at FOSDEM, FISL, and
> LinuxTag:
>
> (1) A "join Fedora" station.  Somewhere at the booth, there is a
> computer or laptop with a sign on it that says "come here to join the
> Fedora Project" or something like that.  There is one person whose job
> is to talk to folks, get them interested in Fedora, and help them to go
> through the CLA and WikiEditing process.  The success metric is simple:
>     * Did the person leave having set up their Fedora Wiki homepage?
>     * Did the person become a Fedora Ambassador?
>     * Does the person have some idea of what they might like to
> contribute to Fedora?
>     * How many accounts were created at the event?
^^
not planned yet, but we can do so ...

> (2) A "bring us your USB key, and we'll turn it into a Fedora LiveUSB
> key for you" station.  Same idea as above.  We have a computer that has
> several Fedora Spins on it.  People bring their USB key, and we run the
> livecd-iso-to-disk tool and set their USB keys up as Fedora LiveUSB
> keys.  Again, the metric is simple:
>     * How many were created at the event?
^^
planned!

> Thoughts or comments?
^^
Do we really need to count the numbers? Not really sure that somebody
(out of Red Hat) trusts our numbers ...
Have a look to the other Distributions and OS's nobody really trusts the
numbers you personally collect (because of other think you beaty that
numbers) ...
BUt OK, for our personal use, I agree that we count them ...

--
Gerold Kassube <gerold at lugd.org>