[Ambassadors] idea for *every* event

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 18 09:01:43 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, 17. Februar 2008 23:26:37 schrieb Valent Turkovic:
> 2008/2/17 JoergSimon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>:
> > Most of them need active mentoring beyond a event, maybe we must give
> > them concrete tasks to find a way to contribute.
>
> If you look at my posts at different mailing lists you will see that
> becoming an Fedora contributor and Ambassador is not easy.
> It is really hard for somebody new to Fedora Project to become a
> respected contributor.

I think you are on a good way - i like the idea with the localization marathon

> I got into some heated discussions because people on the list thought
> that I was only there to provoke, and usually misunderstood me.

Don´t know what do you exactly mean. From what i see - maybe it is not the
wisest to start the contribution to the Fedoraproject with a color artwork
discussion ;-)

It´s not easy to be a one man show, but you are not alone, find more
contributors in your country, be a leader for them - start to hire them on
events. Set goals like partizipation/talks on Events or your localization
marathon, stay in contact with us - try to meet Ambassadors face to face.

Maybe a good start is to pick up the presention from Chitlesh, update it and
give this talk on a event ...
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ChitleshGoorah?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=enhance_chit.odp

cheers

--
Jörg Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688