[Ambassadors] Fedora Local Language Spins

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 18 11:37:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

As some of you might be aware already, I am working on several regional
language spins and have created a basic set of kickstart files that can
be easily reused to create say a Fedora Greek Spin or French Spin or
whatever language you use and want to promote.  All of the Indian
language spins inherit

http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/spins/livecd-fedora-8-base-desktop-localized.ks

Then merely add the language code, timezone settings and language
support. One example is

http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/spins/livecd-fedora-8-desktop-hindi.ks

This is simple enough and since many of the ambassadors are involved
with the L10N efforts in Fedora, I would encourage you to take a look at
this and promote spin variants for your local language. If you need any
help, feel free to mail to fedora-livecd-list. More information at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo

If you want to propose the spin officially,

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CustomSpins

If you need help with the processes, let me know. I am mether on
freenode IRC and usually hang out in #fedora-devel, #fedora-india and
other channels.

Rahul