[Ambassadors] LinuxTag rooms (PLEASE READ)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Feb 19 15:04:46 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, den 19.02.2008, 15:26 +0200 schrieb Nayyar Ahmad:

> On Feb 19, 2008 3:00 PM, Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
>
>         Am Dienstag, den 19.02.2008, 07:20 +0100 schrieb Gerold
>         Kassube:
>
>         > Am Dienstag, den 19.02.2008, 00:36 +0100 schrieb Christoph
>         Wickert:
>         > > Am Sonntag, den 17.02.2008, 12:52 -0500 schrieb Max
>         Spevack:
>         > > >
>         http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/LinuxTag/LinuxTag2008/Rooms
>         > > >
>         > > > (4) Try to figure out if we can consolidate people any
>         further... for
>         > > > all 5 nights, a double room is 625 euros and a single
>         room is 525 Euros.
>         > > >
>         > > Sorry, I will only sleep the first 2 nights the hotel
>         then, but I signed
>         > > up for a double room with Robert Scheck. Is this possible?
>         (2 nights
>         > > double, 3 single)
>         > >
>         > > If not Robert will pay a single room (he was willing to do
>         that anyway),
>         > > and I will not stay at the hotel at all, although I would
>         have loved to
>         > > hang around with you guys more. But I have enough friends
>         in Berlin
>         > > where I can sleep completely FOR FREE.
>         > >
>         > > One of my friends even has a free flat, where I could
>         offer one or two
>         > > places to sleep. If somebody is interested, please let me
>         know...
>         > >
>         > > Christoph
>         > ^^
>         > the goal is (in the first instance) to have a bed for
>         everyone, there
>         > you're completly right ...
>         > But second and much important is, that we all come together
>         and have a
>         > week of narrow contact to each other to help each other, to
>         feel each
>         > other, to talk to each other, to scheme and have a week of
>         fun
>         > together ....
>

>         This is why I said that "I'd love to hang around with you guys
>         more",
>         but even if RH pays a part of the hotel bill it's much to
>         expensive for
>         me. I simply can not afford this and I'm sure it's the same
>         for other
>         people.
>
> of course it depends on the your situation, what you can do is
> that...we mostly on first day make a plan for rest of days at
> Linuxtag, that includes timings n places for meeting & other event
> presences, you can take all that schedule & try to show up on time.

Yeah, I planned to sleep at the hotel the first two nights. I think this
is especially useful for FAD and first briefings. If we do a final
discussion on Saturday and have a beer after everything finished I will
be there too...

I hope that this is ok for the reservation and Robert, my
(supposed-to-be) roommate.

Christoph