[Ambassadors] Re: ambassadors, marketing, etc

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Mon Jan 14 19:48:21 UTC 2008

Op maandag 14-01-2008 om 20:26 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Robert
Scheck:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> > so my first question would be to ask this, how many people currently
> > subscribe to both this and ambassadors-list?  If people feel like it is
> > a significant enough number, maybe we should consider merging the two,
> > although, technically, the purposes are very different.  Although that
> > may be true, if we have a significant number of dual memberships, having
> > two sources from which to get information and post information to might
> > be a little excessive,
> >
> > What do you guys think?
>
> Sorry for being unpolite now, but why the hell don't you ask the people on
> the ambassadors list? Maybe I should ask here and now, whether we can merge
> devel-list with the marketing-list as well? ;-)

Probably because we are expected to be on the marketing-list too :-)

> Please DO NOT MERGE the lists, we need a low-traffic (?) list for all the
> ambassadors which only belongs to the ambassadors. Marketing is important;
> yes and blah-foo and all the other arguments, but I mostly don't care about
> the marketing stuff. I'm only less interested about this and that article
> of Fedora in newspapers/magazines/websites/... - maybe others are thinking
> so as well.

Partly true. I do agree that all the "Fedora in the news" isn't really
that interesting, maybe this should be moved off to the news-list. I do
get the basic idea behind it, and in a sense it's good: put all guys
promoting Fedora on the same page and being sure that we bring the same
message. If you think about it: we *are* as Ambassadors also doing
marketing for Fedora. Just more in a face-to-face fashion, compared to
press releases, interviews with the devels.

Some people don't want to be Ambassadors but are doing a kick-ass job on
marketing, and we as Ambassadors do that too, but we're both with the
same goal: promoting Fedora

> My 0.1 cent for a possible merge of the lists: -1000 :)

So I'd be okay with the merge *if* some stuff gets sorted out.

+1 last year, stays +1 this year.

Bart

Small BTW: last years vote was slightly positive in the favor of
merging, so it's not bad to re-evaluate what was said back then.

--
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93