[Ambassadors] EMEA Ambassador Meeting this Wednesday !

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:57:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 09:45 +0100, red_alert at the-psychiatry.ch wrote:
> Jonathan Dieter <jdieter at gmail.com> hat am 15. Januar 2008 um 06:19
> geschrieben:
>
> > Just a request that some future meetings start a bit sooner.  We're at
> > UTC+0200 (which means the meeting starts at 22:00 for us which is quite
> > late).
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jonathan
>

> Dear Jonathan
>
> Please understand, that there is _no_ perfect time (nor weekday) that
> fits everyone. EMEA is stretched through many time zones, reaching
> from UTC+0000 to UTC+0400 (or even farther, as the expansion of "EMEA"
> isn't very well defined). This means that the meeting will be between
> 20:00 and 24:00 depending on where one lives. I think neither earlier
> nor later would be fitting any better.
>
> Personally, I think that most (active) EMEA ambassadors are in the
> +0100 and +0200 time zones and that the resulting times of 21:00 and
> 22:00 are doable for most people in this regions.
>
> I hope you can accept this and that you'll be able to attend,
> nevertheless. The meetings are taking place once a month only anyway.
> I think everyone appreciates the collaboration of the EMEA ambassadors
> and the monthly IRC meetings are a good way to work together.
>
> Regards
> red / SandroMathys

That's fair enough and I totally understand.  If I'm the only one
pushing for an earlier meeting, then please ignore me.  I just figured
that a meeting scheduled for something closer to 18:00 (or even 19:00)
UTC might allow more people to participate.  Remember, the further east
we're trying to reach, the earlier we need to schedule it (otherwise
people at UTC+0400 or UTC+0500 are needing to be available at midnight
or 0100 in the morning).

For me personally, the problem is that as a teacher who has to be at
school at 07:00, early nights are vital.   But again, I will do what I
can to be there, no matter when it is, and I won't bring it up again if
most people are happy.

Jonathan