[Ambassadors] Resignation from the Ambassadors project.

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 07:17:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 21:45 +0100, Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> > I have made a choice to resign from the Fedora Ambassadors project for a
> > couple reasons.
<snip>
> if you are now only trying to make the good old Europe maggoty
> with your mail, just go and never come back...sorry.
>
> But the well message is: Folks, there's now another free seat for a further
> Fedora EMEA ambassador! :)

I really don't believe that this is an appropriate way to deal with this
problem.  When you reply rudely to Bob's original email, it reflects
poorly on you and the EMEA ambassadors (in which I'm included).

While I don't agree with his assessment, I can understand where Bob is
coming from.  It seems that he's afraid that FAmSCo will be biased
towards EMEA and neglect the other areas.  I don't know enough of the
history of FAmSCo to know whether or not it was the opposite way when
there were four US members on FAmSCo.

Fedora Ambassadors should be (and it seems, largely are) for Fedora
first and their region second.  And the new FAmSCo *must* make sure that
their highest priority is Fedora Ambassadors, not their particular
region (no matter what has gone before).

If we succeed in this, the different regions will work together
effectively, Fedora Ambassadors will grow and people like Bob will come
back.  If we fail, then Fedora Ambassadors will be divided into
bickering groups that fade away into irrelevance.

Bob, we will be sorry to see you go.  I hope you will return when you
see that your fears for FAmSCo's future aren't realized.

Jonathan