[Ambassadors] Re: Resignation from the Ambassadors project.

Robert 'Bob' Jensen marketing-list at fedoralinks.org
Thu Jan 17 01:31:42 UTC 2008

Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> I have made a choice to resign from the Fedora Ambassadors project for a
> couple reasons. First I do not feel that all ambassadors will be equally
> represented by FAMSCo and its choice of leadership. Second now is the
> time to begin rebuilding the Fedora Marketing Project in to what
> Ambassadors could have been. I wish all the ambassadors that are not in
> Europe or the EMEA area the best of luck you are going to need it in the
> coming year.
>
> For those ambassadors that are in the EMEA "think globally and act
> locally" the choices you are making now will impact everyone in the future.
>
> Robert 'Bob' Jensen
> Former Fedora Ambassador, Former FAMSCo

I just read the archives, I unsubscribed from the list, but this is
awesome, finally got some discussion going about the state of
ambassadors affairs. Based on what I read some of you must be feeling
guilty to make some of the assumptions you did about my resignation.

First those of you who wished me ill, shame on you and your house.

Second I seem to have not been clear in what I was trying to say so I
will say it again in greater detail.

"I do not feel that all ambassadors will be equally represented by
FAMSCo and its choice of leadership." The FAMSCo chair election did not
even include the ambassador that had the popular vote, this smells to
me. I have disagreed with some of FUgolini's ideas in the past so this
makes his appointment smart even more. This choice of leadership is not
enough for me to leave alone, I feel my time and resources are better
used elsewhere. As far as FAMSCo as a whole goes all of the people I
voted for were elected. "Second now is the time to begin rebuilding the
Fedora Marketing Project in to what Ambassadors could have been." The
Ambassadors project and the short lived idea that came before it took a
lot of wind out of the marketing sails along with some people leaving
Fedora. I am hoping we can regain some of that momentum in fedora
Marketing to provide the community and ambassadors with the best
possible resources and materials.

"I wish all the ambassadors that are not in Europe or the EMEA area the
best of luck you are going to need it in the coming year", You have a
long way to go to catch up with the team work and effectiveness that the
EMEA Ambassadors   have reached.

"For those ambassadors that are in the EMEA 'think globally and act
locally' the choices you are making now will impact everyone in the
future." Separating yourselves from those in less capable areas that
have even fewer resources and ambassadors would be very bad for
Ambassadors as a whole. If one of you fail you all fail.