[Ambassadors] Workshop about Linux in Dharan, Nepal -- Help! wanted

shady saliby shadyss at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 03:01:20 UTC 2008

  Hi Tushar,
For the material to be discussed, there are a lot of strong points you can start with as a Linux kernel and Specially the Fedora distribution.

As for the limitation of Computers if you can get a projector and use it to display the difference between Windows and Fedora and let people take out of  there mind that windows is more user friendly etc, and see that Fedora is the new Generation of OS, Fedora can give them the opportunity to report a bug and work on fixing it and have an Fix while if that happens in Windows Environment they have to wait until there Lab can find the fix and if it wasn’t serious for them he have to wait till a next SP to be released…
So as I see expressing the Fedora Freedom is the key to win users heart and mind.K
Keep us updated how it goes.

 Regards,
  Chadi

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:58:34 +0545From: tushar.neupaney at gmail.comTo: fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com; fedora-marketing-list at redhat.comCC: Subject: [Ambassadors] Workshop about Linux in Dharan, Nepal -- Help! wantedDear ambassadors,I am conducting a three day workshop in BPKIHS, Dharan, this is a medical university and I hope that at least a 1000 people will attend.To make this opportunity an event of a lifetime and utilize it to motive many to use Linux is my prime goal.Can anyone contribute to the materials that are needed to be discussed in the workshop.The things that should not be missed and anything special that can be done economically and easily to motive people.The tentative date of starting is August 20. (Date still flexible)We can support:1. Hall for workshop.2. Some computers (Not all can get one! limitation due to the crowd)3. We also have a small set of volunteers (Count: 30)4. Other supports are still to come....Hoping to get some support,Best Regards,Tushar.