[Ambassadors] thinking about the mentor program

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 14 13:44:11 UTC 2008

2008/7/10 Ahsan <ahsan.jnl at gmail.com>:
> Dear fellow ambassadors,
>
> Here in Bangladesh, i think many students from my univ specially, will
> volunteer to work in FEDORA... If only some mentoring system was there...
> some kind of tutorial and read mes on how to start and some mentors to
> oversee/suggest the interested persons ....
>
> Hoping to get some positive answers :)
> --
> Md. Ahsanur Rashid,
>
> Undergraduate Student,
> Level-4, Term-1,
> Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE),
> Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET),
> Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
> Tel - (+88) 01715621323
>
> Web: http://introspection.me.uk/

Thank you for this mail.

In the past we tried with a global mentor program but it didn't have
the success we wanted.

What you ask, and all the replies I read in this thread, underline the
importance of a local Mentor system.

FAmSCo, in this way, is listening all the opinion that comes around
the world and it's available to be a point of reference in the process
of the creation of a Local mentor program.

What Susmit (the links he gave are the right ones) said are good news,
and in the past months he and the APAC community started a
constructive discussion around localization.

FAmSCo is here to hear you request and give a helpfull hand. If you
have specific requests/questions/proposal about this issue, fell free
to write here (in this list) or contact FAmSCo, it's important your
opinion and your actions to help it working concretely for you.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini