[Ambassadors] New ambassador introduction

Patrice Kadionik kadionik at enseirb.fr
Sun Jul 20 19:15:08 UTC 2008

Dear Fedora ambassadors,

As a new Fedora ambassador, I would like to introduce myself.
I'm involved in Free software and Fedora since several years but it's
now I've decided to become a ambassador.

I'll hope to help the Fedora project with different contributions:
documentation, Install Party...

Please find a resume.

Sincerely Yours;

Patrice aka eddy33

Who am I?
* Engineer from the ENSEIRB School of Electrical Engineering and Ph D.
in Science from the University Bordeaux 1. After having worked few years
in a software company, I am now a senior lecturer at the ENSEIRB School
of Electrical Engineering (Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Electronique,
Informatique et Radiocommunications de Bordeaux).
* I’m teaching mainly:
o Digital and System on Chip.
o Embedded systems design.
o Embedded Linux and real-time.
o Networks.
* I am also responsible of the Embedded Systems option..
* My research activity in the IMS laboratory is focused on algorithm
implementation on silicon for video compression and network routing in
wireless sensor networks.

Free Software, Fedora and I
* In 1989, I’ve discovered UNIX when I was student. Linux has adopted me
in 1997.
* Defender of Free Software, I try to promote around me Fedora since
1997 (RedHat 5.0 at this time).
* Since 1999, I'm particularly interested in embedded Linux, ie embedded
Linux implementation in embedded systems.

My contributions around Free Software
* French fedora-fr.org Community
* I'm trying to contribute to the french fedora-fr.org community:
o I’m participating to the life of the forum.
o I’m moderator of the forum.
o I’m writing several tutorials in french language:

Publications
* I am writer for the french Linux Magazine.
* I am writer for developpez.com.
* I am chairman of the System/Embedded session since 2004 at the LSM
(Libre Software Meeting).

More infos here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:PatriceKadionik

Patrice Kadionik. F6KQH / F4CUQ

+"Tout doit etre aussi simple que possible, pas seulement plus simple" +
+ Patrice Kadionik             http://www.enseirb.fr/~kadionik         +
+ IMS Laboratory               http://www.ims-bordeaux.fr/             +
+ ENSEIRB                      http://www.enseirb.fr                   +
+ PO BOX 99                    fax   : +33 5.56.37.20.23               +
+ 33402 TALENCE Cedex          voice : +33 5.56.84.23.47               +
+ FRANCE                       mailto:patrice.kadionik at ims-bordeaux.fr +