[Ambassadors] Axis08 in India

G balajig81 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 16:23:15 UTC 2008

Hi

> FAMSCo allocates budget, and the event organizer takes care of the rest. In
> some cases, we have local leaders in place who help with efficiency by
> generating a bunch of swag locally and then redistributing it later on.

I ve got some suggestions on this front.I have satisfied most of the
DVD requests that i get. As an ambassador, i burn the images on to the
DVD and give it to people requested. I get personal emails and i reply
to them and i help them to get the DVDs. My suggestion is that if we
can collect some metrics on how many DVD requests are from India or
APAC it would be helpful for FAMSCO to take decisions on budgeting etc
or could also be used for some reference. I also understand that the
Fedora Free Media request is available but the Media requests that
ambassadors get personally could also be tracked in the Wiki page. I
feel this metrics would help us.

These are just my suggestions. Hope you don't mind :)

Cheers,
Balaji