[Ambassadors] Custom printed USB flash drives for schwag/sale

Matt McKenzie linuxknight at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 29 20:50:23 UTC 2008

Hello,

NA Ambassador here, just finished with OReilly OSCON last week, had a great
turnout (from what I saw anyway).

I spoke a bit with Jack Aboutboul during the OSCON about revisiting the
topic of custom printed USB flash drives for schwag, and also possibly to
offer for sale.
He said that it has been tried before (I noticed later he has one), but it
turned out to be somewhat expensive, and the drives were too small to be
useful for our purposes, such as only 256M or 512M (bootable livecd based
Fedora system needs 700M at least).  Now USB drives are getting bigger and
cheaper for the size, so a 1GB or 2GB drive should be more reasonable price
I would think.

I have done a little preliminary scouting, but since I don't know what kind
of quantities we want I can't really get quotes, and Jack didn't mention
what company was used before.

He said to bring the topic up on the mailing list for discussion, so here I
am, and here it is.

It looks like there is a NA meeting tonight, I'll do my best to make it and
bring it up there too.