[Ambassadors] italian linux day (25th October 2008)

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 19:13:04 UTC 2008

Luca --

I can't provide any feedback regarding Fedora, other than I think the
"kit" idea is a good one, but as far as the project in Italy goes, I
have been in contact with Ercole Carpanetto (who blogs as Ercolinux)
during the course of our Lindependence 2008 project in Felton,
California. Ercole is organizing Mappano Open Days, and you may know
where that is moreso than I do, which is part of the 100 events on
that September weekend

In Lindependence (which is Linux + Independence = Lindependence), we
provided three days of FOSS and GNU/Linux to one town of 6,000 in the
Santa Cruz Mountains in California.

To do what you are doing in Italy in 100 towns is 100 times the effect
of Lindependence. That is clearly awesome

Or: +100

My (Fedora) hat is off to you all.

Larry Cafiero
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Lcafiero