[Ambassadors] Re: Fedora 9 CD/DVDs

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 31 11:44:03 UTC 2008

> Gerold -- I don't know if this is on the Ambassadors areas of the wiki
> somewhere, but it's very useful information.  If Ambassadors have some
> guidelines for how many pieces of media they should consider requesting,
> it helps in the overall budget planning as well.
>
> It may not be as simple as saying "1 CD for every {5,10,...} people."
> For some small events, it makes sense to have 1 piece of media for each
> person.  For some larger ones, the ratio may need to be smaller if we
> want to stay within budget!
>
> This would be a useful thing to consider drafting and having the
> Ambassador community think about.  I don't think it needs to be an
> absolute rule, but rather a guideline for planning.

We could only have a simple page with a recap of each event in this
matter: how much people were there ? How much CDs were given ?

After some time, we could build some empirical rules over those numbers...

This would be an easy solution to set sup, and it would fill very quickly
as we have lots of events all around the world, providing rather good
statistical informations...

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador