[Ambassadors] thinking about 2009

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 10 14:23:57 UTC 2008

Hi Max,

Am Montag, 10. November 2008 13:44:59 schrieb Max Spevack:
> (1) Do you like the "regional accountability" model that we are trying
> to create for Ambassadors?  This means having recognized leaders in each
> part of the world who are responsible for making sure that Ambassadors
> in that region get the resources that they need?

Regional Accountability yes!
Regional Leadership? I do not really know!
Is it not a part of accountability to have also regional leadership?
I am not a supporter of hierarchy and bureaucracy but i love to see that leadership comes by the people who work hard. I think we can avoid a lot of power-splitting if we have Ambassadors who keep an eye of our common goal - Maybe we should call them "FAmSCo-Liason"?

> (2) Are the regional IRC meetings useful for organizing events and
> getting things done?

yes - it works!

> Does this model mean that FAmSCo is not needed for
> event organization?

FAmSCo is not needed for organizing - therefore we are a self-propelled community and if help is needed there should be mentors for that!
FAmSCo is legislative and a instrument to give us the tools and the structure, do the boring part of work and should be a Hub where active Ambassadors should have a clue of the big picture.

> (3) What do you think FAmSCo should focus on?

    * Establish real mentoring within regional requirements
    * Establish measurability for our Work
    * Establish liasons to other subprojects
    * Invent new ways to encourage people to contribute to the Fedora Project
    * Improve the MembershipProcess to make it easier and faster to contribute and work together with higher quality

CU Jorg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688