RES: [Ambassadors] thinking about 2009

Rodrigo Menezes rodrigomenezes12 at yahoo.com.br
Mon Nov 10 18:58:50 UTC 2008

The Ambassador point of view this is not the perfect tool. We are working to
provide the same tools we got in the Project to a local site, with local
language. We have a lot Ambassadors that doesn't speak English very well,
for they we can afford a local structure, and helpers who can translate
e-mails, teach guidelines and etc.

About Max's e-mail:

(1) This is very important because for us just some users listen to
Ambassadors list, get meetings and etc. A centralized point who distribute
budget, information and help to get content is a very positive position.

(2) For us this is not happening. In our region, IRC is not very popular and
people like to work with e-mails and mailing lists. At least is working
really good.

(3) Creating guidelines for Ambassadors, swag, presentations materials,
event materials... FAmSCo should focus on create a support material for
Ambassadors to show Fedora to the main public.

(4) We need more information about FAmSCo actions, decisions and stuff. I
know that almost everything is showed in Fedora News, wiki and other places,
but as I sad before, our Ambassadors need to bring this to our local group,
in our local language to have all team knowing all actions.

Att,

Rodrigo de Oliveira Menezes
Fedora Ambassador
Embaixador do Projeto Fedora